The Search and Rescue Robot

This Blog was created by Philippe Pierre-Paul, Bismark Polley, Anthony Giamella and Tom O'gara. We are freshman Engineering students attending the Stevens Institute of Technology. It will follow our 6 week Search and Rescue Robot Design 2 Project.

April 12, 2009

Weekly Update 4/12

Hey everyone,

Looks like so far our group has been doing fantastic. I can see us really making a good impression for the presentation.

I figured that its better if we all worked on the presentation together, that way we will be more in sync and professional (we WILL do at least one practice run), so can we meet sometime tomorrow? (that would be Monday the 13th). Also, I can't meet after 9:00 PM. sorry.

As for Tuesday, I think we should divide and continue to conquer. Me and Bismark will work on the hardware part, I will have the arm done by tomorrow, while Phil and Tom can continue to program the joystick. On that note, I wasn't able to get an Xbox controller =(, but if we really can't use the joystick I guess I find a way to get one.

I think that we should have all of the robot done (i.e. hardware and programming) by the end of this week. That way, we can relax for the last two weeks a bit, and just work on testing the thing. I know this is a bit ambitious, but I'm willing to stay after class on Tuesday (my psych class is cancelled for that day) and talking with Phil for extra lab hours. Let me know what you guys think.

As always, keep up the good work everyone!

- Anthony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel Free to comment on our progress.